Tuesday 29 October 2013

Word of the week: Contrast

15.10.2013
 Putting the performance together, we discovered how to work well as a technique that we tried did not work well for us. We then worked in little teams, but still with an assigned person to give out the orders of sequences and timing. In my opinion, this worked really well because it got the work done faster and easier, and it was very well organized. So far for our piece, we have put together 3 sections only lasting around 7 minutes altogether, we now know that we need to work on this more as it is not enough time for the whole 45 minutes. As a group we have created the start and also the end of the performance and both have been mainly paired work, which then turns into a group piece. I thought that this worked really well for 'Moments' and it made us all realize how to work well and what actually looks good.

 I really liked the paired work that we made, working as 3 contrasted married couples with completely different statuses. This in my opinion looked great and was very grotesque in movement and structure. The three couples were a controlled and abusive relationship, a loved up relationship, and also a relationship where the 'spark' had gone. I really liked this idea and thought that it changed up the whole piece in a good way, it brought real emotion into it and would get the audience involved too. The music also worked really well with the piece because it fitted in nicely and it was very soft and moving, which then violently turned cold. This factor helped with the emotional side of Moments and shown exactly what was going on if the audience got lost at any point.


 As the theme is Relationships, I really enjoyed working in pairs as I thought it made the theme more obvious and a lot more could then go into it giving the overall performance more variety and depth. However, I would say that my weaknesses so far is probably my timing so my target is to work on that in my own time and get it perfect so that it then fits in with each routine more smoothly. Apart from this although, I really like the piece and think that it so far works really well.

 List of 'Word of the week' so far:

  • Physicality
  • Proxemics
  • Organic
  • Motif
  • Grotesque
  • Contrast

No comments:

Post a Comment