Tuesday 12 November 2013

Word of the week:
 'Nuance' - The little things in a performance that make a big difference, e.g. keeping stiff arms when trying to be precise in a movement.

 In this lesson, we did our usual exercise routine with Justine and then we got into our performance rehearsals. With this, we re-capped and improved each of our individual scenes. This included the motifs, mime, grotesque and then finally a full run through which was evaluated by Daniel thoroughly. The feedback I was given was very positive in how I spoke in my 'Spider Berkoff' piece. I was told that I had improved in my voice, making it a lot more clearer, louder and also more stronger overall. This was an improvement for me because when we first begun the Spider  my voice was quite limp and quiet, now improved it sounds a lot better and I now know that I have improved from my feedback. I think that being given feedback helps a lot because it tells me exactly what I need to improve on to make myself a better part of any piece. This enables me to perform at my best and work harder to achieve any targets given to me in rehearsals.
 When rehearsing the Columbian hypnotist piece, we decided to make the whole movement a lot more energetic and risky. With this we simply added in more facial expressions and made the movements a lot more exaggerated which had more gestures too. This then made the piece a lot stronger and not so slow as it was, firstly quite dreary and every pairs was similar in a way, I know like the more risky side of it and I know also know to do this more in future performances.
 However, a downside of our first full run through shown the dilemma of the poor transitions that desperately needed to be worked on, as most of the time nobody knew where they were heading so people were still moving when the lights where up. This can easily be resolved by knowing exactly when we are all on stage and being ready to get into position swiftly. This rehearsal helped us because if we hadn't of noticed this minor mistake we could of made the same mistake when performing the show to an audience which would of not run through smoothly or looked well presented and as professional as we wanted it to look.
 We really worked on our eye positioning, facial expressions and energy in the piece, this made the performance a lot stronger and more tight for a better viewing. Another thing that we decided to tighten up were the grouped mimes, they were not as precise as we wanted them to be so we worked on this for better precision and timing. Timing was a key element through all of this too and once worked on, it made the piece in my opinion look great.
 Finally, I would say that all of us in the group need to be a lot more focused when performing in our facial expressions and also know exactly when we are on stage to disclose any confusion but apart from this we have grown a lot stronger as a group which means that we are more ready to work at our very best.
 We also made the decision to choose people to take on chairs and also bring them off again so that we know and they know who is doing what and when. This ensures all of the chairs are off the stage when not needed so that everything runs smoothly and no errors are made. I believe that this was a good idea because it helped the performance run a lot smoother and less panicked that any chairs would be left on stage when they shouldn't be.
 If I were to set some targets for myself, I would suggest that I carry on taking my feedback positively and improving on my performance physicality any way I can.
 We have also started to work on our actors CV's so I have been researching many other CV's of this kind and working on my own. Researching and looking at others CV's really helped me with the layout, etc. and I hope to finish it completely very soon, along with linking up my Prezi's to make them the best that they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment